Monday, November 15, 2010

Podcast

Last week I created a podcast all about my science movement integration lesson plan. Then my team and I combined our podcasts so we had one giant one. I thought this assignment was pretty easy and actually pretty fun. I really like video editing, so voice/sound editing was pretty cool too. It took me a few tries not to completely butcher my script, but I am really happy how mine turned out. Audacity is pretty easy to use and I really like how you can layer sounds.
I can see how a podcast could be used in a classroom, but I don't know if I think it's practical enough. It's great for teachers to introduce independent lessons or projects, but I think written instructions are just as efficient. I think, however, podcasts are probably really practical in special needs classrooms, especially if the child can't read/see/ etc to follow directions. I am a visual learner, so I do not think I would like to be taught or given instructions through a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment