Thursday, September 2, 2010

About Me


My name is Liz Bonfanti and I am an elementary education major with a minor in special education. I would like to be a teacher because sometimes I feel like the job was created for me. I enjoy working with children, I like to be creative, I am organized, and I love coming up with new ideas and making them fun. I feel like I have an okay understanding/comfort level of technology. I can do everyday tasks on the computer: I know how to use word or excel, photo or video editors, can navigate the internet well; however, there are a lot of things I have no knowledge of: I can't really troubleshoot, I don't know how html works, I don't know how to create webpages or anything.
I have taken two online courses: Regional Geography and Intro to Sociology. I took these courses this past summer to get caught up with credits so I can graduate on time. It was definitely convenient to take these classes online because I was also working, so I could do the classwork early in the morning or late at night. I also thought the classes were easier since they were online. The only things I did not enjoy about them was 1. If there was a computer problem (such as my tests not loading for my sociology class) I had to call computer services and contact my teacher and 2. I wish I could have interacted with other people in the class more. If this course would have been offered online as well, I think I would have preferred to take it in a regular classroom setting. I would be afraid of having computer problems and the professor not being able to help me.
As for an interesting fact about myself, people usually find it interesting that I was homeschooled until 10th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment