Sunday, September 19, 2010


My Life Concept Map
By Liz Bonfanti
EDTF200-01

This concept map above is designed to show what is important to me in my life today. I have four main categories: family, favorites, college life and hobbies. Each category has numerous sub-categories: family I list my family members, favorites I list my favorite things, college life I list all the activities I keep busy with, and hobbies I list all the things I like to do in my free time. Some of those sub-categories have their own sub-categories, such as my favorite books or music.
I have only used Inspiration a few times before in high school, so this project was a great refresher on how to create a chart or diagram. I never knew you could insert sound into your chart. I also did not know there were templates for use either. This project definitely got me more aware of all the different things you can do with the inspiration program and how useful it is in the classroom.
I think Inspiration is great for schools because it organizes information well. It is beneficial for teachers to use to make flow-charts, outlines, and diagrams for student. Students can use inspiration to make their own charts about what they learn or what is going on in their lives. After reading a book, the student could make a chart showing the sequence of events or the characters of the story. They could also use this program in a science unit to show characteristics of different rocks, plants, animals, etc. In social studies, students could use this to make a timeline or graph important people or events. I would like to have the students do a life concept map like I did the first week of class. This way I could see what is important to the students and I could learn more about them while they’re learning how to use inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment